Managing your time effectively will help you with achieving and maintaining the work-life balance you want.
There are many time tracking tools and task management systems that can help you with this. I have tried many different tools that I have seen recommended by people in Facebook groups. The best thing is to find a tool that works well for you and stick with it. Some people prefer writing down tasks on their to-do list, while others prefer to use the technology and apps that are available.
The two that I am currently using are Toggl and Asana. In fact, I have gone back to these after trying others. I like the fact that they work together as well as syncing with your calendar.
I am working on creating packages so I can move away from the time tracker as it is easy to forget to turn it on or off!
How easy do you find it to manage and keep track of your daily tasks?
It is important to have a routine and set times that you deal with certain tasks. As we all focus and manage better at different times, deal with things at the time that is right for you.
Here are some tips to help with managing your time effectively
- Make a list of all the tasks you need to complete
- Complete the most important tasks first
- Focus entirely on the task at hand
- Have buffer time between tasks
- Go through your to-do list and batch similar tasks together
- Have systems and procedures in place for routine tasks
- Spend some time at the end of the day planning your to-do list for the next day
- Take a break after completing a task to have a cup of tea or stretch your legs before tackling the next task
The most important time of your day is the time you spend scheduling your tasks and planning your day.