Productivity is important for everyone especially a small business owner. Working from home can be great and give you a lot more freedom than working in an office.
However, we all know how easy it is to log into Facebook for “just 5 minutes” and how quickly the time flies when checking out the latest cat video!
Working from home and by yourself can be tough, especially when you don’t have anybody to report to or hold you accountable for the work that you are doing. Having an accountability buddy can help you stay focused and keep on track.
How easy do you find it to stay focused working at home?
Everyone has a certain time of the day in which they are more productive than others. For some, it’s the early morning and for others, it is later in the day. Find out when you are at your most productive and organise your tasks and schedule accordingly.
I like to have a notepad and pen in easy reach. It is a good way to write down ideas, thoughts and actions to do when they pop up. This way, I can then focus on what I am doing and don’t have to try and remember my lightbulb ideas later.
Here are some tips to help your productivity
- Have a dedicated workspace so you can switch off and walk away at the end of your working day
- Spend 15 minutes unsubscribing from unwanted emails
- Avoid distractions; turn off notifications so you can concentrate fully on the task at hand
- Complete a task that you have been putting off
- Break a large task down into smaller more manageable tasks
- Spend some time at the end of the day planning your to-do list for the next day
- Take a break after completing a task to have a cup of tea or stretch your legs before tackling the next task
- Drink plenty of water, staying hydrated and help boost your productivity levels
If you haven’t planned your tasks for the month, then why not take the time to do it now?