Are you busy planning for your summer holiday?
Well, here we are, the beginning of June and half way through the year!
This year is absolutely flying by and we have had the last of the Bank Holidays for a while now. The next one is the end of August but in between now and then we have the summer holidays.
Let’s hope that the lovely sunshine is here to stay for a while. As a busy business owner, you may find it hard to switch off at weekends, Bank Holidays and when on holiday. Not only that, the lovely weather can mean a drop in productivity and focus, well it’s not often that we have lovely sunny days, is it?
Who wants to be inside working when the sun is shining? Why not step up your to-do list and plan to complete certain tasks first thing in the morning so that you can spend some downtime in the afternoon enjoying the sunshine.
Now is a good time to start preparing your business for your well-deserved break.
Here are some tips to help you get ahead:
- Create an action plan
- Have a plan in place with set tasks and deadlines
- Notify customers (if appropriate) of the dates you are taking a break and will not be available
- Plan the content for your social media posts
- Plan the content for your blogs and newsletters
- Create any images for your social media, blogs and newsletters
- Create and schedule your social media posts
- Create and schedule your blogs and newsletters
- If you need to, set aside 10 minutes to check emails and social media while on holiday and stick to it
- Think about what tasks, if any, you could outsource while you are away
If you haven’t thought about getting your business ready for your summer holiday, why not take the time to do it now?