Are you planning on some time out to recharge your batteries? Summer has well and truly landed and this gorgeous sunshine has got people planning their holidays excited to have some downtime to relax.
How have you been dealing with the heat?
We are always talking about the weather in the UK, whether it’s too much rain, not enough rain, too cold or too hot! It’s not often that we experience as much sunshine as we have in June, so it’s probably best that we make the most of it!
I have seen many an Instagram post of people working from home in their garden catching some rays while working and taking advantage of their children’s swimming pool. I have a fan on in the office and have found that a cheeky mint choc chip cooler from Costa helps!
Summertime marks the start of lovely sunny days, planning holidays, school breaks and quite often a quieter time at work or in your business.
So, now is a great time to focus on yourself and to take some time out to unwind, relax and recharge your batteries.
If running your business is affecting your work-life balance, then it’s time to take a step back.
Here are some tips to help you relax this summer;
- Yes, do nothing instead take a day off and enjoy the sunshine
- Go for a walk and take in the scenery
- Spend some time in your garden with a book and a lovely cool drink
- Relax and watch the world go by
- Step away from your laptop, tablet and mobile phone – are you constantly checking emails and messages?
- Try not to go online unless it is really necessary
- If you need to, only check your emails and phone once a day
- You may notice you feel more relaxed and if nothing major happened, you will feel happier trying this again
Spend more time doing what you love
- Pick up on that hobby you started a while ago
- Start a new hobby
- Spend more time with your family and friends
- Go to the gym more or finish reading that book you started
- No matter what it is, think about how you can fit more time doing what you love
If you haven’t planned to have a little break and downtime from your business, then why not take the time to start planning now?
Taking a well-earned break from your business will mean you come back refreshed and ready for action.