When I decided to set up my business, I spent a lot of time researching what I needed to do from: how to set up a business to thinking about the business name and branding. I didn’t realise how difficult and time consuming it could be to come up with a business name!
Stuck for a name? Here are some suggestions that may help:
• Have a brainstorm and write down words that you like and experiment with words. Nothing will be a bad idea at this stage.
• Use a dictionary, thesaurus or name generator websites and have a play around with words.
• If you have writer’s block, take time out and do something else.
• Try not to restrict yourself with your business name as you may want to expand your services or move location in the future.
• Research potential names on the internet to see if the names you like already exists.
• Get feedback by asking family and friends what they think of your shortlisted ideas. They may have suggestions to add to the list.
• Is it easy to say, read or spell?
• Check out that the domain is available.
I know of some small businesses that have changed their business name as they were not entirely happy with their name and were planning to go into a different direction with their business so don’t think you are stuck with a name.
How did you come up with your business name? Drop us a line and let us know.
If you need help with setting up your business and admin tasks, then get in touch. We would love to help you.