Many people are drawn towards flexible working to assist with their work/life balance. Some may think that becoming self-employed will greatly improve their work/life balance but the opposite may actually be true!
Being self-employed will probably mean you spend more time outside of normal working hours and even the weekends working on your business.
Workers in the UK currently work the longest hours in Europe, take the shortest lunch breaks and enjoy the fewest public holidays.
- Write a to do list and stick to it
- Screen your calls if you are in the middle of a task
- Turn your mobile off when you have finished work for the day
- Have short breaks throughout your working day
- Take a walk and get fresh air for at least 30 minutes
- Spend time with family and friends
- Take up a new hobby
- Outsource some tasks to a Virtual Assistant
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending” Maria Robinson