You may have noticed little grey ticks next to the company names on business pages on Facebook. If you verify your Facebook page, it will help with your page ranking higher in searches and attract more customers.
If you want to know how to verify your page, then follow the steps below.
To verify your own business page
- Go to your business page and click on Settings at the top right of the page
- Select Page Verification, edit and Verify this Page
- Then click Get Started
There are two options to verify your page, either with a telephone number or a business document.
By telephone number
- Enter your telephone number and click Call Me Now
- Facebook will call you with a verification code
- Enter the 4-digit code and click Continue
- Take a photo of the required document from the list supplied ie utility or phone bill upload
- Upload the photo making sure your business name and address are showing on the photo
- Facebook will review the information to confirm it matches records and send you a notification or email about your verification status.
It can take a couple of days for Facebook to verify a page, but when they do, you will have a little grey tick next to your business name.