A PowerPoint presentation is a visual aid that a speaker uses to help with their presentation.
Here are some tips to consider when creating a PowerPoint presentation:
- Keep sentences short on the slide.
- Having too much text on a slide will mean the audience are trying to read what is on screen rather than listen to the presenter.
- Use bullet points to summarise a key point or part of the presentation.
- Use large text to ensure that the audience at the back of the room can see what is on the slides (minimum 26 font size).
- Check your spelling and grammar. There’s nothing worse than having errors on the big screen.
- Use bright and clear colours that can be seen by the audience at the back of the room.
- Keep the number of slides to the minimum to keep the audience interested.
- Use graphics to illustrate key points and to break up the text.
PowerPoint Presentation TipsShare this